Details of courses offered
THE BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING PROGRAM IN ECE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING IN ITS CURRICULUM
- Well-equipped laboratories meeting the requirements of undergraduate courses in Electronics & Communication Engineering, research and consultancy
- Seminar presentation
- Industrial Training
- Guest lectures by experts
- Various co-curricular activities such as paper and poster presentations
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Electronics and Communication Engineering graduate should be able to:
- PEO1: Carry out engineering projects and develop new products in the area of electronics and communication engineering and pursue higher studies.
- PEO2: Innovate and be creative in the profession; apply analytical skills and demonstrate research capabilities in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
- PEO3: Work in multidisciplinary environments and be responsive to the changing needs of the society.
- PEO4: Communicate effectively, display leadership skills, and demonstrate professionalism.
- PEO5: Engage in lifelong learning, apply the knowledge judiciously and remain continuously employable.
- PO1 : (KB)A knowledge base for engineering: Demonstrated competence in university level mathematics, natural sciences, engineering fundamentals, and specialized engineering knowledge appropriate to the program.
- PO2 : (PA) Problem analysis: An ability to use appropriate knowledge and skills to identify, formulate, analyze, and solve complex engineering problems in order to reach substantiated conclusions
- PO3 : . (Inv.) Investigation: An ability to conduct investigations of complex problems by methods that include appropriate experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information in order to reach valid conclusions.
- PO4 : (Des.) Design: An ability to design solutions for complex, open-ended engineering problems and to design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate attention to health and safety risks, applicable standards, and economic, environmental, cultural and societal considerations.
- PO5 : (Tools) Use of engineering tools: An ability to create, select, apply, adapt, and extend appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools to a range of engineering activities, from simple to complex, with an understanding of the associated limitations.
- PO6 : (Team) Individual and teamwork: An ability to work effectively as a member and leader in teams, preferably in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- PO7 : (Comm.) Communication skills: An ability to communicate complex engineering concepts within the profession and with society at large. Such ability includes reading, writing, speaking and listening, and the ability to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, and to give and effectively respond to clear instructions.
- PO8 : . (Prof.) Professionalism: An understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the professional engineer in society, especially the primary role of protection of the public and the public interest.
- PO9 : (Impacts) Impact of engineering on society and the environment: An ability to analyze social and environmental aspects of engineering activities. Such ability includes an understanding of the interactions that engineering has with the economic, social, health, safety, legal, and cultural aspects of society, the uncertainties in the prediction of such interactions; and the concepts of sustainable design and development and environmental stewardship.
- PO10 : (Ethics) Ethics and equity: An ability to apply professional ethics, accountability, and equity.
- PO11 : . (Econ.) Economics and project management: An ability to appropriately incorporate economics and business practices including project, risk, and change management into the practice of engineering and to understand their limitations.
- PO12 : . (LL) Life-long learning: An ability to identify and to address their own educational needs in a changing world in ways sufficient to maintain their competence and to allow them to contribute to the advancement of knowledge
- Programming and product development
- Information systems operation and management
- Telecommunications and networking
- Web and internet
- Image processing, graphics and multimedia
- Training and support
DE is an AICTE approved program over 4 semesters.
THE PROGRAM HAS THESE BENEFITS
- 2 computing labs consisting of 80 PCs with latest configurations
- 2 high end servers
- Research Lab with high end machines and servers, network emulator, hand-held devices like smartphone, tablet
- Ultramodern AC classrooms fitted with LCD & audio-visual equipment
- Technical seminars
- Department Newsletter (Anvesha)
- Student Development Program (SDP) to prepare students for placement tests and interviews
- System programmer
- Business analyst / system analyst
- Application programmer
DOMAIN APPLICATION AREAS:
- Management information systems, ERP, content development
- Software quality management
- Transaction processing (Banking, stock exchange order processing)
- Simulation, database management, e-commerce
- Web enabled services
- IT consultancy & design support
- Data communications, computer networking, data security
- Embedded technologies.
Why to join ?
EWIT ECE, is one of the top branches in the college and is ranked within top-20 ranks around Karnataka.